All rights to photos on my blog belong to me. Please do not copy or reuse my photos without my permission.

What a stroll, what a stroll.

So what do you do when you wake up early because you can't sleep? Whatever the heck you want. I actually woke up early today--well early for me. 8 AM! Wow! I haven't done that in a while. I was even up late last night due to getting sucked into a tv show. Geez! So I am going on about 5 or 6 hours of sleep right now and I feel fine. It must have something to do with the stroll I took this morning. What a stroll, what a stroll. I called my parents this morning with a question and they were out and about wandering some trails around the house. So I decided to do some wandering in the neighborhood that I've been living in for almost a year. I only took one walk since I've been here and it was looking like a little pond with rocks around it. Well to my surprise, I found a little extra.



What a great find! I found a cute little bridge that was in the middle of a park. I knew the park was there, but I didn't know what was around the corner of the trees. I also saw a lady and her collie dog who tried to jump onto my shoulders. I didn't mind because he was a cute dog. I just never realized that this river type deal was there. Across the street from my apartment are huge rocks and what looks like a pond. Lots of grassy areas with ducks and geese. I had a good time even though it was 8:30 in the morning and I was taking pictures of random things.

--------------

I found that experience quite helpful. Now I feel a little more comfortable with my camera I got for Christmas from my parents. I wanted a new one that was smaller than the brick/block I had before. That one just sucked the juice out of all batteries. Horrible. I still don't know how to use everything on my old camera. I figured out how to change the settings from vivid color to black and white, sepia, and a blue tone. It was interesting. I got quite a few pictures and they turned out very nice. Now I will be able to take those tips and bring them to the Dominican! But who wants to take black and white pictures of beautiful scenery and beaches?

No comments:

Post a Comment