This will probably be the last post before my trip... Maybe one more? I'm not sure yet. Depends on my schedule. Yesterday was my last day of class for the Spring 2010 semester at SCSU. I made it through my first year at the University! Hopefully just one more year here and I'll be done. This semester isn't totally over until next Thursday when I have to present my poetry analysis of "Phenomenal Woman" by Maya Angelou. Reading anything she writes, hearing her speak, or just looking at her makes me feel intelligent. She chooses her words so carefully but her poetry seems so effortless. Here's the link to that poem. It's even read by her and the words scroll along the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEz6BsYP5vc&feature=related It kind of reminds me of this weeks episode of GLee! Embrace who you are because no matter what you look like, you are beautiful. Then they had to sing Christina Aguilera's song "Beautiful." It was a good episode.
I only have 9 days left until I leave. In those 9 days there is going to be one crazy Andrea... Here's the schedule... Tomorrow my mom is coming up here to help me move some things since my dad is unable to help :( Stupid neck surgery. But he needed it done or he could be paralyzed and we don't want that. Then we will fill up the truck with as much stuff as we can lift, fill up my car with boxes and boxes (and gas...) and then drive the 55-60 miles home depending on which way we go. That's just Friday's schedule... We might have a pizza too. I'm not sure. Saturday, the bf is coming up to help me with the things my mom and I couldn't lift or get in the truck. He's bringing his truck and I'll drive my dad's truck back up here in case we need it. The bf's sister is also moving out of the dorms up here this weekend and needs his help too so we might be headed over there. Not really sure about the details... Sunday... Not sure. Relax a little? Monday-Thursday morning I will be finishing up my poetry analysis for my final Thursday afternoon. Drive up for that, then home again a few hours later. Friday I will probably pack my things, unpack my things, pack my things, and unpack my things for my trip. Just to make sure I have everything. Then the bf and I are going to see IRON MAN 2!!!!! I can't wait! Saturday the 8th will probably consist of the same routine minus the IRON MAN 2 part. I'll get my toes done more than likely. Then Sunday morning... Bright and early... I'll be off to the airport! I'll be making stops in Chicago and Miami on my way to Santiago, DR.
Until then,
Hasta luego mis amigos, o apenas mi madre.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment